Bauhaus Master Coop Design Research – Apply now for 2017/2018
- One-year design research programme at the Bauhaus in Dessau. Next application period: December 16th 2016 – April 15th 2017
Openness and curiosity were the most important leitmotifs for the Bauhauslers. Those who came to the Bauhaus were ready to relinquish their vested knowledge in order to gain new experiences in a community of teachers and students and to learn to think about design in a different way. The Bauhaus pursued a more modern approach to design than any other comparable institution. Traditions were radically replaced by an experience-based approach to materials and techniques and new insights from science and research inspired art.
The MSc. programme COOP DESIGN RESEARCH transfers this fundamental approach of research-based design into the 21st century. The cooperation between the Bauhaus, the Anhalt University of Applied Sciences and the Humboldt Universität zu Berlin (Excellence Cluster Image Knowledge Gestaltung) allows young designers from all over the world to study design as a research-based practice at the Bauhaus in Dessau. In the process, they engage with new knowledge and unusual perspectives that arise from an intersection of design, art and science. The unique Bauhaus buildings and collections in Dessau offer concrete points of departure for diverse learning formats including lectures, spatial analyses, excursions, visits to archives, object studies, text seminars and workshops.
Design as Research, Design as Education, Design as Projection – theses three modules supply the structure for the study year, which ends with a master thesis. The thesis can form the foundation for a doctoral study at a partner university.
While working at the Bauhaus in Dessau the students are integrated in the annual structure of the Bauhaus Dessau Foundation, the study year of the Anhalt University of Applied Sciences with its Faculty of Design and the research cluster of the Humboldt Universität zu Berlin. The students have access to the research libraries of the Bauhaus Dessau Foundation and the Anhalt University of Applied Sciences.
- Programme: COOP DESIGN RESEARCH MSc.
- Qualification: Master of Science
- Language: English
- Content: Design as research, Design as education
- Target group: Young, international designers
- Duration: 1. Okt 2017 – 30. Sept/Aug 2018
- Cost: 1250 euro per semester
- Access: B.A. / M.A. Ain Design, Architecture, Cultural Studies (240 ECTS)
- Providers: Bauhaus Dessau Foundation,Anhaltische Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
- Accommodation: Unassisted
- Next application period: December 16th 2016 – April 15th 2017 (international applicants outside European Union) / May 15th 2017 (European Union applicants)
- More info: http://coopdesignresearch.de
- Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org