Carl Fieger's Circular House
The House as Machine
Carl Fieger made architectural history in 1924 with his design for a round house made from standardised components. The architect designed the house in two variants: one made from 16 self-supporting lightweight panels with a skylight as a connecting element and the other as an iron or aluminium skeleton with shotcrete infills. Neither of the designs was realised.
Visitors to the exhibition Carl Fieger. From Bauhaus to Bauakademie will be able to see a full scale model of the building for the first time. Based on Fieger’s original designs, the company Neumann XXL realised the first variant of the round house (with skylight) in the form of an inflatable PVC model with a footprint of 70 square metres (diameter 940 cm, height 490 cm).
The model will be erected between the canteen and the workshop wing and open to visitors on the following days:
Thu, 20 September 2018
7 pm: Open the Doors! The museum performs: The stage
Wed, 31 October 2018
Finissage exhibition Carl Fieger. From Bauhaus to Bauakademie
On all other days leading up to the last day of the exhibition on 31 October 2018, the ground plan of the round house will be visible on the lawn area.