Round tables 2015
Thursday’s the night for round table discussions in the complex of Masters’ Houses
The Ukrainian artist Ivan Bazak developed the round table for the Haushaltsmesse 2015. It provides an opportunity for discussions and encounters with artists, household and budget experts, townspeople and local actors. All interested parties are warmly invited to join the public round table, which is held every Thursday from 18 June to 6 August 2015 in the garden of the complex of Masters’ Houses.
Local and regional initiatives present their projects and ideas for alternative household practices, exhibitors talk about their contributions, and historians give an account of visits to household trade fairs in the 1920s. The following round table speakers and topics have already been arranged; further round table topics will be announced at short notice. Interested parties are invited to make impromptu contributions to each of the round table discussions.
- 18 June 2015: Curators’ Round table with Elke Krasny, Academy of Fine Arts, Vienna and Regina Bittner, Bauhaus Dessau Foundation
- 25 June 2015: Round table with Heike Brückner and the Project Team "Urban Farm" regarding the topic 'Jungle Ground and the earth of Dessau'.
- 2 July 2015: Round table: "The Energy Avantgarde and the Barbecue of postfossil Enegy" with Babette Scurrell, Bauhaus Dessau Foundation
- 9 July 2015: Round table: "Metropolis salad - vertical farming" with Infarm Berlin (tbc)
- 6 July 2015: Round table: "The Voyage of the Rock of House 2.0" with Ursula Achterkamp and Bombyx, Weimar, Berlin
- 23 July 2015: Round table about the “Volkswohnung - From Bauhaus to IKEA" with Dr. Werner Möller, Bauhaus Dessau Foundation
- 30 July 2015: Round table: "Cleaning marks on the glass curtain." This year's Bauhaus Lab presents their research results, with Dr. Regin Bittner, Bauhaus Dessau Foundation
Katja Szymczak, Tel. 0340-6508403, email@example.com
Sponsored by the German Federal Cultural Foundation.