Masters' Houses (Walter Gropius) – Information for visitors
Located only a few minutes walk away from the Bauhaus building, Walter Gropius has built the Masters’ Houses, where the Bauhaus masters lived and worked. More information on the history of the Masters' Houses here.
- Ebertallee 59–71, 06846 Dessau-Roßlau
- Opening: daily, (October – March: 11 am – 5 pm, April – September: 10 am – 5 pm)
- A guided tour takes about one hour, starting at the cashpoint of the Bauhaus building (Gropiusallee 38, 06846 Dessau-Roßlau).
- Mon to Sun 12.30 pm and 3.30 pm, additional tours on weekends 1.30 pm
- During Christmas and New Year's the Bauhaus Building and the Masters´ Houses will be closed on the following days: 24 to 26 Dec 2016, 31 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017.
G R O P I U S H O U S E
The reconstructed director's house Gropius is the new information and ticketing center for the Masters' Houses.
K A N D I N S K Y / K L E E H O U S E
The reconstructed Kandinsky/Klee House is open for tours, exhibitions and events (Phone +49-340-6610934, Fax +49-340-661093).
M U C H E / S C H L E M M E R H O U S E
In the reconstructed Masters' House Muche/Schlemmer the Bauhaus Dessau Foundation (Phone +49-340-6611813) holds special events and exhibitions (Phone +49-340-8822138).
M O H O L Y – N A G Y / F E I N I N G E R H O U S E
The reconstructed Feininger House is today used by the Kurt Weill Centre (Phone +49-340-619595, Fax +49-340-611907). The Moholy-Nagy part was destroyed in WWII, it is reconstructed and now opened.